Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fairy ... Fairy ... how many are they?

I keep on using the "Fairy" when am stuck in my parenting. seriously its not easy! And it’s really hard to be judged! But you just keep on trying in different ways to reach to your little kids mind, not easy cause kids are smart and succeed in having things done their way not our way! Sounds funny really and actually it sounds like I have no control over her but that’s not true!




I first used the fairy technique when I was potty training and it was amazing! I mean it PERFECT I would recommend it to anyone who is struggling. The thing is kids get used to the fact that the parent buys and takes care of all their issues but when there is this beautiful image of an angelic fairy helping children to grow up and use the toilet and rewarding them was the highlight of my daughter’s achievement.


I kept on using that method and it was working, I didn’t reward her every time she went using the toilet but it depends on the end of the day, before bedtime if she tried her best she would get rewarded (from the fairy of coarse) with the simple things that she adores, at that time it was jelly beans, coming in small counted amounts of the colors that she likes placed in a certain place from the Fairy. Fairies simply help little boys and girls to go the toilet.
So that worked great thank god! I always and still do say that accidents sometimes happen and that we should try harder next time and that its fine. Always encourage and you’ll see, they just need to believe in their new powers.


Now there is the “sleeping fairy” and the sleeping fairy started lets say about last summer and that’s quiet a while, hoping that she sleeps in her bed alone without me next to her. (Still in the process, trying to succeed)
It started when I bought her a new big bed and fixed her room with colors that she likes and started the process of explaining the cause and answering all the “whys” that a child her age can possibly think of. Then it just came up to me again! Using the magic of the fairy, explaining that when kids sleep in their big beds till early in the morning the fairy brings them a fancy gift, and I did that numerous of times! Worked for a couple of times and I believe coincidence played a big role at those times.
So with time the fairy thing passed and every night shed cry and call me and Id have to go and sleep the rest of the night with her in her own bed instead of mine. She did it her way and not mine ;(


The funny part she missed the fairy. She actually asked me last night “why the fairy doesn’t bring me any jelllllyyyy beans or gifts anymore?’ so I laughed saying: “mama maybe because your not trying your best to sleep alone in your bed like big girls”
She wants jellybeans she’s craving for it! And she did it, she slept the night for a cause, the need of jellybeans. As promised I had the jelly beans ready from the stash that I keep away, on her table saying “LOOK the fairy got you something open it!” with full excitement she said “eee cuz am a big girl now”


One good night sleep with no interruptions was missed! I want more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment